Find accredited phlebotomy technician certificate training and associate’s degree programs at medical trade schools and online technical colleges near you.
Use the search application to find a school near you.
Colleges with Phlebotomy Technology Programs
All schools on the list offer accredited programs and have financial aid assistance for students who qualify.
All colleges are not listed here, use the search application to see your local choices.
Find an accredited phlebotomy technician school near you:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Prerequisites for becoming a phlebotomist:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Enroll and complete an ACCREDITED phlebotomy training program through a community college or trade school
- Get licensed and certified to make yourself more desirable to employers. In some states it’s mandatory, in others it’s just preferred.
Courses in a Phlebotomy Program:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Blood and cell composition
- Blood sampling procedures
- Lab safety
- Medical terminology
Your hands-on training may include basic techniques, butterfly and finger stick methods, heel stick and capillary puncture which used on newborns, CPR, and first aid.