Find accredited Florida and online medical trade schools with phlebotomy technician certificate training classes and associate’s degree programs. Use the search application to choose a school or accredited online program in Florida.
Featured Florida Colleges with Phlebotomy Technician Programs
Florida Career College – Campus locations in Hialeah, West Palm Beach, Miami, Pembroke Pines, Margate, Lauderdale Lakes, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa and Boynton Beach, FL.
Fortis – Campus locations in Orange Park, Port St. Lucie and Pensacola, FL.
Keiser University – School campus locations in Clearwater, Daytona Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Tampa Bay, Tallahassee, Sarasota, Port St. Lucie, Pembroke Pines, Orlando, Miami, Lakeland, Melbourne, Jacksonville and more.
American Institute – Online programs
Prerequisites for becoming a phlebotomist:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Enroll and complete an ACCREDITED phlebotomy training program through a community college or trade school
- Get licensed and certified to make yourself more desirable to employers. In some states it’s mandatory, in others it’s just preferred.
In a phlebotomy program you’ll learn things like:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Blood and cell composition
- Blood sampling procedures
- Lab safety
- Medical terminology