Find accredited Georgia and online medical trade schools with phlebotomy technician certificate training classes and associate’s degree programs. Use the search application to choose a school or accredited online program in Georgia.
Featured Georgia Colleges with Phlebotomy Technician Programs
UEI College – Campus located in Morrow, GA.
Fortis – School located in Smyrna, GA.
Keiser University – Nearby in Tallahassee.
American Institute – Online programs
Prerequisites for becoming a phlebotomist:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Enroll and complete an ACCREDITED phlebotomy training program through a community college or trade school
- Get licensed and certified to make yourself more desirable to employers. In some states it’s mandatory, in others it’s just preferred.
In a phlebotomy program you’ll learn things like:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Blood and cell composition
- Blood sampling procedures
- Lab safety
- Medical terminology