There are many different of medical and healthcare programs that can be taken completely online. These courses include career training like medical assisting and degree programs like healthcare management. Those students who are more technically inclined will find options like healthcare IT and health information specialist.
5 Popular Accredited Online Medical & Healthcare Programs
These are the 5 top medical and healthcare programs searched for through our application.
- Medical Assistant – Medical assisting programs are available in an all-online format. There are a few types of medical assistant courses available such as certificate, diploma, and associate’s degree. Online medical assistant diploma programs can be found at partner schools like Fortis and completed in about 10 months at some schools. Accelerated online programs are self paced and some of these may be completed quicker.
- Medical Billing and Coding – Online medical billing and coding programs take about 10 months and train students for entry-level employment in the healthcare administration field. A biller/coder works on health claim forms using medical billing software and might be employed by an insurer or at a healthcare facility. It’s also common for a medical coder to work from home. During your program you’ll learn about anatomy and medical terminology. You’ll also gain an understanding of the legal, ethical and regulatory standards of medical records management. This program can be found at multiple partner schools including Miller Motte College.
- Healthcare Administration & Management – While taking an online healthcare administration program you’ll take classes in health care management, law, financing, policy analysis and even information technology. This program is available from partner schools like Daymar College.
- Health Information Technology – An online associate degree in health information will take close to 2 years to finish. A health information manager works within a combination of industries, including business, science, and IT. Health information technology programs can be found at partner schools such as Centura College.
- Medical Administrative Assistant – Online medical administration programs are also a popular choice and are available at partner schools such as STVT. Medical administrative assistants may work in a variety of situations, from private practices to government work.
There are of course more than these 5 programs available, and you can find more information about other accredited online medical programs here.
Use the search application to connect with an online school with medical career training.