Find accredited pharmacy technician certificate training programs at local medical trade schools and online technical colleges near you. Pharmacy technology certification programs with fast track, online and classroom schedule options are available depending on your location.
Use the search application to connect with a pharmacy technician training school near you.
Colleges with Pharmacy Technician Programs
Not all colleges with pharmacy technology classes are listed here; use the program search for complete information.
- All Stater Career
- Fortis Institute
- Florida Career College
- South Texas Vocational Tech
- Vista College
- Intercoast College
- Remington College
- Southern Technical College
- Miller Motte
Pharmacy technician courses typically take 1-2 years to complete.
What Pharmacy Technicians Do – Pharmacy tech’s work under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist who will review their work prior to releasing it the patient. Pharmacy tech’s are able to mix some medications and compounds as well as run automatic medication dispensing units. Pharmacy technicians also:
- Get the pharmacist to answer customer questions
- Handle transactions for prescription pick up
- Keep customer information updated in the computer
- Keep track of and organize inventory
- Collect information on incoming prescription fills and refills
Does training for this career sound interesting to you? Try a pharmacy tech practice test.