Find accredited pharmacy technician certificate training and associate’s degree programs at medical trade schools and online technical colleges near you. Pharmacy technology certification programs with fast track, online, and classroom schedule options are available at some schools. Pharmacy technician courses typically take 1-2 years to complete.
Use the program search application to connect with an accredited pharmacy technician program at a school near you.
Colleges with Pharmacy Technician Programs
Not all colleges with pharmacy technology classes are listed here; use the program search for complete information.
- South College
- Carrington College
- Pima Medical Institute
- Remington College
- Arizona College
- Brookline College
- San Joaquin Valley College
- Institute of Technology
- Southern Careers Institute
- Daymar College
- Vista College
- Wichita Technical Institute
- North-West College
What Pharmacy Technicians Do – Pharmacy tech’s work under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist who will review their work prior to releasing it the patient. Pharmacy tech’s are able to mix some medications and compounds as well as run automatic medication dispensing units. Pharmacy technicians also:
- Get the pharmacist to answer customer questions
- Handle transactions for prescription pick up
- Keep customer information updated in the computer
- Keep track of and organize inventory
- Collect information on incoming prescription fills and refills
Does training for this career sound interesting to you? Try a pharmacy tech practice test.