Find local medical trade schools and online technical colleges with accredited surgical technology certification classes, diploma, or associate degree programs. Learn about full-time, weekend, and hybrid (classroom + online) training options.
Use the search application to connect with a surgical technology program near you.
Colleges with Surgical Technology Programs
All colleges are not listed here, use the search application to find your local options.
- Brookline College
- McCann School of Business & Technology
- South College
- Remington College
- Florida Career College
Listed colleges are accredited and have financial aid assistance if you qualify.
Program Info: “Programs can take up to two years to complete depending on the type and number of classes you decide to enroll in. Most programs provide the ability to earn an associate’s degree alongside your surgical technician certificate.”
“Becoming a Surgical Technologist – If you’re thinking you want to become a surgical technologist, it’s important to enroll in a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
- First, you need to earn your high school diploma or GED
- Enroll into a surgical tech program.
- Get your certificate or associate degree. An associate degree is the more common path.
- Take a certification exam. The Certified Surgical Technologist credential is completely voluntary. However, getting certified will improve your chances of being hired.