Find an accredited CDA (certified dental assistant) or a dental assisting associate’s degree program near you. On campus or online certificate training programs may take 8-12 weeks, associate’s degree programs take 2 years. Use the search application to find a school near you.
“To become a certified dental assistant, you’ll need to sit for, and pass, an Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam which is given by the Dental Assistant National Board (DANB). Passing this proves to your potential employer that you are proficient and knowledgeable in the ways of dental assisting.”
“How to become a dental assistant:
- Get your high school diploma or GED.
- Enroll in a dental assistant program or complete an externship with hands-on training.
- Complete your state’s licensing requirements.
- Decide if you want to specialize in areas such as an orthodontist dental assistant, preventative functions, or restorative functions, and get certified.“
Dental Assistant Schools
Listed colleges are accredited and offer financial aid assistance to those who qualify.
- Alterius Career College
- American College for Medical Careers
- Vista College
- Fortis Institute
- Midwest Technical Institute
All schools are not listed here, see a list of all dental assistant schools in our network.