Medical trade schools and technical colleges with accredited athletic trainer certification training and degree programs. Use the search application to find local colleges and online universities with accredited athletic training courses near you.
Schools with Athletic Trainer Courses
All listed colleges are accredited and have financial aid assistance if you qualify.
- Florida Career College
- Fortis Institute
- Southern Careers Institute
- Remington College
- New England Institute of Technology
- Virginia College
- St. Paul’s School of Nursing
- Miller Motte College
- Iowa Central Community College
- Daymar College
- Miles Community College
- Northwestern College
Become an Athletic Trainer
To become an athletic trainer, you must have, at the very least, a bachelor’s degree from a program accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education. There are hundreds of programs so it shouldn’t be too hard of a task to find one.
- Get that high school diploma or GED.
- Go to a college with an accredited athletic training program.
- Gain experience through an internship or through other means of hands-on training.
- Receive a bachelor’s degree.
- Get certified through the Board of Certification.
- Get licensed by your state, if it’s required.
- Consider going back to school for a master’s degree.
- Fulfill the continuing education requirements to keep your certification up to date.