Find an accredited Texas medical trade school or online college offering certified medical coding specialist (CCS) classes and medical billing and coding associate’s degree programs. All listed schools are accredited in Texas and offer financial aid assistance to students who qualify.
Use the search application to find a school or online program accredited in Texas.
Featured Texas Colleges with Medical Coding Programs
- CHCP – Dallas, Austin, Houston, Fort Worth, and McAllen, TX.
- Remington College – Dallas, North Houston, Houston, and Fort Worth, TX.
- Vista College – College Station, Killeen, El Paso, & Longview, TX.
- Southern Careers Institute – Harlingen, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Pharr, Waco, and San Antonio, TX.
- STVT – Brownsville, McAllen, Welasco, and Corpus Christi, TX.
- Pima Medical Institute – El Paso, San Antonio, and Houston, TX.
Online Schools with Medical coding Programs
Texas Medical Coding Job Description & Salary
- Medical coders translate the patient’s chart into the proper insurance coding to ensure the patient is billed correctly. A license is not required to be a medical coder in the state of Texas.
- In Texas, the average annual salary for a medical coder in 2019 was $43,760.